Privacy Policy

Van Insurance

Start your Van Insurance Quote now

    You can read our privacy policy here.
    We don't want you to miss out on important news of exclusive client offers. Make sure you are happy for us to keep in touch by updating your preferences.

I agree to the following Privacy Policy and would like to be contacted by an FCA regulated consultant. Calls may be recorded for quality and training.

Van Insurance

Invest in an insurance policy that delivers every time.

Fill out our short form or call us on 03333 440 129

Do I need van insurance?

Every vehicle that is on the road is legally required to have, minimally, third party insurance. You can also choose to have a third party fire and theft policy, which covers third parties in an accident and your own vehicle against fire and theft, or fully comprehensive which includes cover for your own vehicle if involved in an accident and extras such as windscreen cover and personal injury.

What does van insurance cover?

Depending on the type of insurance you choose (third party only; third party, fire and theft; or fully comprehensive), your policy will cover other people affected by an accident you may cause and may cover your vehicle in the event of an accident or against damage caused by fire, theft or vandalism.

Many insurance policies will also include cover for incidents such as cracked windscreens, breakdown cover, malicious damage and even hire car replacement. However, these are additional covers so make sure that your policy covers them by checking the small print of your agreement.

What if I use my van for business purposes?

If you use your van for business purposes, chances are that you will need more cover than if you use the van for personal reasons.

If you employ anyone to drive the van then you are legally required to have employer’s liability insurance, even if the driver is a volunteer, casual worker or simply hired on a freelance basis. If you are found not to have employer’s liability insurance then you could face a large fine and criminal proceedings.

You may also choose to include public and product liability cover to protect yourself and your business against legal complaints brought to you by a member of the public if they are injured or their property damaged as a result of you carrying out your business or one of your products.

Other covers we would recommend for people using vans for business purposes include stock cover, personal accident cover in case you are injured and unable to continue working, business equipment insurance and business interruption insurance.

For more information about the types of covers that would suit you and your business best, get in touch with one of our experienced insurance brokers by filling in the form below or calling us directly on 03333 440 129.


Working alongside One-Direct is a real joy. They are very helpful to us at Care after Combat in providing insurance solutions and advice that meet our needs. As a charity, we find their products reliable and more importantly they deliver… they do what is says on the tin!

Jim Davidson OBE “”