Privacy Policy

Income Protection Cover

Start your Income Protection Cover Quote now

    You can read our privacy policy here.
    We don't want you to miss out on important news of exclusive client offers. Make sure you are happy for us to keep in touch by updating your preferences.

I agree to the following Privacy Policy and would like to be contacted by an FCA regulated consultant. Calls may be recorded for quality and training.

Income Protection Cover

If you became ill, were to be involved in an accident or were made redundant, would you be able to keep up with your rent and bills? It’s not something we like to think about but it’s always wise to be prepared for the unexpected and income protection cover helps you to do just that.

Fill out our short form or call us on 03333 440 129

What is income protection cover?

Income protection insurance replaces part of your income if you become unable to work through no fault of your own. Usually, income protection insurance policies will pay out if you are made redundant, are diagnosed with an illness that means you are unable to work or if you are involved in an accident or become disabled.

How long do payments last if a claim is made?

There are two different types of income protection insurance: short term and long term.

Short-term income protection policy

Short term plans usually make payments for a set period of time, such as two years, while you recover from an illness or look for another job if you were made redundant.

Long-term income protection policy

Long term policies can cover you up until you retire or die if you are diagnosed with a serious illness or are involved in an accident that means you can’t go back to work. These plans will continue to pay out if you become disabled and so you have peace of mind that you will be covered no matter what.

There are two types of long-term income protection cover: ‘own occupation’ and ‘working tasks’. ‘Own occupation’ policies will cover you if you are unable to continue working in your current position whereas ‘working tasks’ policies will cover if you are unable to perform any working tasks.

It’s also important to note that long-term income cover plans won’t usually cover you if you are made redundant.

Where can I get an income protection cover quote?

You can get an income protection cover quote online but with so many variations of the policy, it can be difficult to pick the right one for you. We’re here to help you with that by talking to you about your situation and what cover you need – not the cover you don’t.

To talk with one of our experts today, call 03333 440 129. Alternatively, please fill out the form above and one of our experts will contact you directly to discuss your requirements.


I contacted One Direct knowing that I needed a lot of different types of protection, but unsure of exactly what I required. After a conversation about my circumstances, Gareth was able to recommend the exact products that would ensure my family were well looked after if something were to happen to me. All in all, I’m very impressed with the service that One Direct provided and would happily recommend them to anyone.

Matt Richie “”