Privacy Policy

Unoccupied Property Insurance

Start your Unoccupied Property Insurance Quote now

    You can read our privacy policy here.
    We don't want you to miss out on important news of exclusive client offers. Make sure you are happy for us to keep in touch by updating your preferences.

I agree to the following Privacy Policy and would like to be contacted by an FCA regulated consultant. Calls may be recorded for quality and training.

Unoccupied Property Insurance

Insurance that protects your property all day, every day – even when it’s empty.

Fill out our short form or call us on 03333 440 129

What is unoccupied property insurance?

Unoccupied property insurance provides cover for your rental property, even when there’s no one occupying it. However, unoccupied property insurance is more than just a policy to protect an empty house – it’s a type of landlord insurance policy that provides all of the cover you might need as a landlord from buildings cover to liability, with additional covers you can pick and choose from.

Why do I need unoccupied property insurance?

Many landlord insurance policies don’t include cover for empty properties, which can cause big problems for landlords as unexpected emergencies don’t tend to happen when it’s convenient. Unoccupied property insurance makes sure that your property (and any contents you cover) is insured against events such as fire, flood and theft at all times, even between lets or before the next tenants move in.

Unoccupied property insurance is particularly important if you let your property as a short-term or holiday rental which means that your property is often unoccupied and usually houses valuable contents, even when there is no one living there. Because disaster can strike at any time, you need to make sure that you are ready for it with the right cover.

What does unoccupied property insurance cover?

Unoccupied property insurance policies will cover your rental property itself against damage from flood, fire or vandalism, even when the property is unoccupied. You will also be able to choose to include cover for any contents you, as the landlord, provide for the property such as white goods, carpets or even all of the furnishings for a fully-furnished let.

You can also choose to include additional cover such as property owner’s liability, accidental damage cover, alternative accommodation insurance, loss of rent cover and more.

For more information or to get a free, no-obligation quote, contact our team today. Fill in the form below or call us directly on 03333 440 129 to find out what they can offer.


Working alongside One-Direct is a real joy. They are very helpful to us at Care after Combat in providing insurance solutions and advice that meet our needs. As a charity, we find their products reliable and more importantly they deliver… they do what is says on the tin!

Jim Davidson OBE “”