Privacy Policy

Buy-to-Let Insurance

Start your Buy-to-Let Insurance Quote now

    You can read our privacy policy here.
    We don't want you to miss out on important news of exclusive client offers. Make sure you are happy for us to keep in touch by updating your preferences.

I agree to the following Privacy Policy and would like to be contacted by an FCA regulated consultant. Calls may be recorded for quality and training.

Buy-to-Let Insurance

Safeguard your investment with mortgage protection insurance for buy-to-let properties.

Fill out our short form or call us on 03333 440 129

What is buy-to-let insurance?

Buy-to-let insurance is a specialist insurance policy that provides protection for your rental property in the event of an emergency. It combines a variety of key covers to ensure that you, your property and your rental income are protected.

What does buy-to-let insurance cover?

One key policy that many buy-to-let insurance policies will cover is landlord liability, which will protect you against legal proceedings if your tenant or a third party becomes injured on your property and pursues a lawsuit against you.

Most buy-to-let insurance policies will also include buildings cover to protect the structure itself against fire, flooding or vandalism. If you rent your property partly or fully-furnished, you might want to include landlord contents cover as well, to protect your contents against damage, theft and vandalism, although it’s important to remember that your tenants will also need their own contents insurance to protect their own belongings.

Some buy-to-let insurance policies may also provide life insurance to ensure that your mortgage will continue to be paid either short-term or long-term if you become injured or unwell and are unable to continue working. This is important if you are financially reliant on your rental income, although not all policies will include this so it’s important to check the terms of your policy.

Other policies buy-to-let insurance can also provide cover for includes:

  • Loss of rent cover: this protects you if your rental property becomes uninhabitable and your tenants cannot continue to stay there and pay rent
  • Alternative accommodation insurance: if you need to put your tenants up in temporary alternative accommodation if your rental property becomes uninhabitable, this policy would help to cover that cost
  • Landlord home emergency cover: protection against those emergencies that can happen in any home such as burst pipes, blockages and leaks
  • Landlord boiler breakdown cover: insurance to help cover the cost of replacing or fixing a broken boiler in your rental property

For help finding the cover you’re looking for, get in touch with our experienced insurance brokers today by filling in the form below or calling us directly on 03333 440 129.


Working alongside One-Direct is a real joy. They are very helpful to us at Care after Combat in providing insurance solutions and advice that meet our needs. As a charity, we find their products reliable and more importantly they deliver… they do what is says on the tin!

Jim Davidson OBE “”