Privacy Policy

Residential Landlord Insurance

Start your Residential Landlord Insurance Quote now

    You can read our privacy policy here.
    We don't want you to miss out on important news of exclusive client offers. Make sure you are happy for us to keep in touch by updating your preferences.

I agree to the following Privacy Policy and would like to be contacted by an FCA regulated consultant. Calls may be recorded for quality and training.

Residential Landlord Insurance

Protect your buy-to-let residential property, your tenants and your rental income with a comprehensive residential landlord insurance policy.

Fill out our short form or call us on 03333 440 129

What is residential landlord insurance?

Residential landlord insurance is a specialized type of home insurance for landlords who provide residential properties to let. As a landlord, you can get residential landlord insurance for one buy-to-let property or multiple properties across the country, and the insurance will include all of the cover you could need as a landlord so that you and your rental property are prepared for the many and varied risks of renting.

What does residential landlord insurance cover?

Being a landlord comes with a unique set of risks and requirements so you need to be ready for these. You have a moral and legal responsibility for the safety of the tenants staying in your rental property so one vital type of cover included in residential landlord insurance is property owner’s liability insurance. This protects you from legal fees and compensation costs in the event that a tenant or one of their guests is injured in your rental property and brings legal action against you.

Residential landlord insurance will also provide cover for the building against flood, fire or vandalism, as standard. If you provide contents with the property, whether it’s a fully-furnished agreement or simply the inclusion of white goods, you can insure these contents as well.

Please note that your tenants will require their own contents insurance to protect their own possessions.

You can also include additional policies to protect your rental property and the income you receive from the property, such as:

  • Loss of rent cover: protects your rental income if your property becomes uninhabitable
  • Alternative accommodation insurance: if you need to put your tenants up in temporary alternative accommodation if your rental property becomes uninhabitable, this policy would help to cover that cost
  • Landlord home emergency cover: protection against those emergencies that can happen in any home such as burst pipes, blockages and leaks
  • Landlord boiler breakdown cover: insurance to help cover the cost of replacing or fixing a broken boiler in your rental property

For help finding the cover you’re looking for, get in touch with our experienced insurance brokers today by filling in the form below or calling us directly on 03333 440 129.


Working alongside One-Direct is a real joy. They are very helpful to us at Care after Combat in providing insurance solutions and advice that meet our needs. As a charity, we find their products reliable and more importantly they deliver… they do what is says on the tin!

Jim Davidson OBE “”