Privacy Policy

Shop Insurance

Start your Shop Insurance Quote now

    You can read our privacy policy here.
    We don't want you to miss out on important news of exclusive client offers. Make sure you are happy for us to keep in touch by updating your preferences.

I agree to the following Privacy Policy and would like to be contacted by an FCA regulated consultant. Calls may be recorded for quality and training.

Shop Insurance

Protect your livelihood by getting shop insurance as unique and personal as your business.

Fill out our short form or call us on 03333 440 129

Specialist shop insurance

We know that running a shop is a time consuming with a number of unique challenges and risks, so we’ve made getting the right insurance against those risks as simple to do as possible. All you have to do is think about what cover you might need – and we’ll take it from there.

What shop insurance do I need?

We’d strongly recommend firstly thinking about public liability insurance. This policy protects you and your business if a customer is injured on your premises and brings legal action against you.

If you employ any member of staff (including freelance and casual workers, and volunteers), then you are required by law to have employer’s liability insurance. This protects you if your employees are injured on your premises or as a direct result of working for you.

Public and employer’s liability insurance are arguably the most important types of insurance for shop owners to consider but, depending on the type of business you run, you might like to include one or even all of these additional policies as part of your shop insurance:

  • Business interruption insurance: covers any loss of income you may experience if you have to close the shop unexpectedly
  • Product liability insurance: protects your company against lawsuits brought against you due to injury or damage caused by a product you sell
  • Stock insurance: covers the stock you keep onsite for its cost value so that nothing is lost in the event of a fire, flood or theft
  • Business contents insurance: cover the contents of your shop against theft, damage or destruction
  • Equipment insurance: cover your specialist shop equipment such as tills, card machines and computer systems against theft, damage or destruction
  • Personal accident insurance: cover yourself against serious injury with pay outs for medical bills, hospitalization and loss of income

Shop building insurance and shop window insurance

It is a good idea to look into getting building insurance and shop window insurance (sometimes called shop glass window insurance) if you own the building. This means that if the premises is damaged by fire, flood or even theft then a pay out from the insurance company can help you get back on track as quickly as possible.

However, if you rent the space then shop building insurance and shop window insurance may be unnecessary as your landlord may already have relevant buildings insurance to cover these events. Check your rental agreement or talk to your landlord to find out whether you are already covered and make sure that the level of cover is right for you.

Shop insurance quotes

Shop insurance premiums can vary enormously depending on what you sell, where your shop is located, how big your shop is, the level of cover you require and other factors. Talk to our team of insurance experts today to discuss your shop and its requirements and they’d be happy to help you find the right insurance fit for you.


As the director of a start-up marketing agency, I’m too busy to spend a lot of time researching all of the insurance policies we need, let alone finding time to search for the best cover. When I spoke with Gareth, he was incredibly helpful. He explained to me exactly what I need and then found the best policies for the business, its directors and employees. Now I know that the business and its assets are protected, whatever happens. I would highly recommend Gareth, Darren and the rest of his team.

Tom Mitchener “”