Privacy Policy

Catering Insurance

Start your Catering Insurance Quote now

    You can read our privacy policy here.
    We don't want you to miss out on important news of exclusive client offers. Make sure you are happy for us to keep in touch by updating your preferences.

I agree to the following Privacy Policy and would like to be contacted by an FCA regulated consultant. Calls may be recorded for quality and training.

Catering Insurance

Stay in control of your catering business with the right catering business insurance.

Fill out our short form or call us on 03333 440 129

What types of business needs catering business insurance?

In short, any catering business. Below is a list of common businesses that will require catering liability insurance:

  • Burger Vans
  • Hot Dog Stalls
  • Market Stalls
  • Mobile Bars
  • Coffee and Sandwich Rounds
  • Ice Cream Vans etc.

What insurance do caterers need?

All businesses that provide a service or product would be strongly advised to have public liability insurance. This is particularly important for catering businesses as it would protect you and your business if someone were injured or made unwell as a result of your business, and would help cover any legal costs incurred from such an event.

If you employ any staff (even freelance or volunteers), you are also legally required to have employer’s liability insurance in case they are injured on your premises.

What does a catering insurance policy cover?

Most catering insurance policies will include both public and employer’s liability insurance as standard, and many will have taken into consideration other needs of catering businesses and may include additional policies such as:

  • Business building insurance: protect your business by insuring the premises you work in (if you hire the space, check your rental agreement as your landlord may already have the relevant insurance)
  • Business equipment insurance: many catering businesses rely on expensive equipment so make sure you have adequate cover for these
  • Stock cover: cover your stock for its cost value so nothing is lost

Mobile catering business insurance

If you do mobile catering, insurance is essential to making sure that you can carry out business, no matter what. Contents inside a vehicle may be more susceptible to theft so you might like to cover them with a business equipment insurance policy, as well as ensuring that you have the right level of public liability insurance needed for the risks.

Please note that you will need a separate insurance policy to cover your vehicle against accident, damage or theft as you will need a specific vehicle insurance policy.

For more information, our experienced brokers can help. Fill in the form below or call us directly on 03333 440 129.


Working alongside One-Direct is a real joy. They are very helpful to us at Care after Combat in providing insurance solutions and advice that meet our needs. As a charity, we find their products reliable and more importantly they deliver… they do what is says on the tin!

Jim Davidson OBE “”