Privacy Policy

Sole Trader Insurance

Start your Sole Trader Insurance Quote now

    You can read our privacy policy here.
    We don't want you to miss out on important news of exclusive client offers. Make sure you are happy for us to keep in touch by updating your preferences.

I agree to the following Privacy Policy and would like to be contacted by an FCA regulated consultant. Calls may be recorded for quality and training.

Sole Trader Insurance

Keep your sole trader business running no matter what unexpected hurdles crop up with sole trader insurance.

Fill out our short form or call us on 03333 440 129

What is sole trader insurance?

If you run your business as an exclusive owner then you have a sole trader business, and it’s important to give that business the protection it needs to keep going. Sole trader insurance does just that – it is one easy-to-manage insurance policy that includes all of the core covers and additional covers you could need to protect your business.

What does sole trader insurance cover?

Core covers included in sole trader insurance are public liability and professional indemnity insurance. If a third party is harmed or their property damaged on your business premises or because of your business, then they may be able to bring a legal case against your company. The cost of appropriate compensation or legal fees you may be liable to pay could be in the millions, so public liability insurance protects you against this kind of financial damage. Similarly, professional indemnity insurance protects you from lawsuits brought for professional malpractice or error, whereby a mistake you or your company makes costs your client money.

You will also need to think about employer’s liability insurance. If you hire any employees (even freelancers, casual workers or volunteers), you are legally required to have employer’s liability, which will help to cover legal fees if an employee is injured at work.

Other policies you may like to think about including on your sole trader insurance are:

  • Personal accident insurance: if you become seriously injured and unable to work, this will help cover the cost of medical bills and loss of income
  • Business equipment insurance: covers all vital business equipment against damage, destruction and theft
  • Stock insurance: covers all kept stock against damage, destruction and theft for its cost value
  • Business building insurance: covers your work premises against fire, floor and vandalism
  • Business contents insurance: covers possessions and property that are crucial for the business to continue

As the director of a start-up marketing agency, I’m too busy to spend a lot of time researching all of the insurance policies we need, let alone finding time to search for the best cover. When I spoke with Gareth, he was incredibly helpful. He explained to me exactly what I need and then found the best policies for the business, its directors and employees. Now I know that the business and its assets are protected, whatever happens. I would highly recommend Gareth, Darren and the rest of his team.

Tom Mitchener “”