Privacy Policy

Freelancer Insurance

Start your Freelancer Insurance Quote now

    You can read our privacy policy here.
    We don't want you to miss out on important news of exclusive client offers. Make sure you are happy for us to keep in touch by updating your preferences.

I agree to the following Privacy Policy and would like to be contacted by an FCA regulated consultant. Calls may be recorded for quality and training.

Freelancer Insurance

Safeguard your job and your future with a simple freelance insurance policy today.

Fill out our short form or call us on 03333 440 129

What is freelancer insurance?

Freelancer insurance is one simple insurance policy that provides all the insurance cover you could need as a freelancer. Working as a freelancer can be unpredictable so you need insurance that can cover all the unexpected risks associated with this line of work.

Freelancer insurance does all the thinking so that you don’t have to and will make sure that your vital equipment is protected, your premises is covered and will ensure that you can keep going, no matter what.

What cover do freelancers need?

Firstly, if you have people visiting your premises for business needs, we would strongly recommend including public liability insurance in your freelancer insurance cover. Whether you work from home or from an office or clinic, you will need to have public liability insurance to protect yourself against expensive legal fees just in case a third party becomes injured on your premises or because of you carrying out your business.

Other covers you might need include equipment cover so that you can replace or repair vital equipment such as computers and mobile phones. You may also need to consider professional indemnity cover to protect you against a lawsuit for malpractice or professional errors that could cost your client money. Further, you should also consider covering your business premises against emergencies such as flood, fire or vandalism that could prevent you from continuing to work.

What cover will I need if I work from home?

If you freelance from your own home, it’s important to remember that your existing home and contents insurance may not provide the cover your business needs. For example, you may only have cover for personal possessions so a business phone or computer may not be included in your contents cover, and any stock kept in the home is also not likely to be covered.

Sometimes, you can contact your existing policy providers to add on the extra cover but it’s often a better idea to explore a specialized freelancer insurance package so that you can be sure you have the cover you need. Our friendly team of insurance experts will also be happy to help you – to get in touch, fill in the form below or call us directly on 03333 440 129.


I contacted One Direct knowing that I needed a lot of different types of protection, but unsure of exactly what I required. After a conversation about my circumstances, Gareth was able to recommend the exact products that would ensure my family were well looked after if something were to happen to me. All in all, I’m very impressed with the service that One Direct provided and would happily recommend them to anyone.

Matt Richie “”